Platinum Cooling is committed to protecting your privacy and security. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure you remain informed and in control of your information.
This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.platinumcooling.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Platinum Cooling of Orbit Centre, Ashworth Road, Swindon, SN5 7YG.
You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. Should you wish to do so please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to Platinum Cooling, Orbit Centre, Ashworth Road, Swindon, SN5 7YG.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.platinumcooling.co.uk or by corresponding with us by; Telephone, e-mail, messenger or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address and contact phone numbers, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What does ‘marketing’ mean? Marketing does not just mean offerings things for sale, but also includes news and information about us here at Platinum Cooling:
- Monthly Newsletters
- Latest in-house promotions
- What information we collect & how we use it.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts (ie services, warranties or product installation) entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- If you are an existing customer, we will contact you via email and telephone number provided with information regarding any future services or products with us.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail ,SMS or telephone) to confirm/remind you that you have booked an initial installation or service with us.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- How we use the information we collect about you.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosing & sharing data
We will never sell/share your personal data. If you have opted-in to marketing, we may contact you with information about our products & services, but these communications will always come from us (Platinum Cooling Ltd) and are usually incorporated into our own marketing materials (e.g. advertisements or newsletters).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We employ a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your data safe and to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means).
How long do we keep your data
We keep your personal data available for staff needs for no longer than reasonably necessary ie a year after a service (we follow up with you following your service) however, by law we are advised to keep your paperwork for a seven-year period due to tax implications. (should Platinum Cooling Ltd face a tax investigation).
Keeping you in control
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as subject access request);
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason ie: fulfil an order placed with us).
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to us Platinum Cooling of Orbit Centre, Ashworth Road, Swindon, SN5 7YG or email@example.com
Links to other sites Contact
Our website contains hyperlinks to many other websites (normally via our Blog page) We are not responsible for the content or functionality of any of those external websites (but please let us know if a link is not working by using the ‘Contact us’ link at the top of the page).